News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello folks...

...question to the medal-bar 'analyzers'. Who would you say was the owner of the bar.

What I can read from it is that

- he was not in any battle/war in 19th century as there's no Centennial medal

- he did not participate in the WW1 as the MVO is on a peace time ribbon and without swords, there's no EK2 nor Honor Cross

So we have a very short period of time between 1897 and 1914 where this guy had to be active. 15 years LS cross only confirms this.

Are we talking here about lieutenant or captain who was in some training camp screamin' on his 'Manschaft' but who never held a leadership position in fight?

Thanks for any opinions.

Hi

A very nice officer peacetime medal bar. I'm not sure but the long service medal seems to be a 24 yo medal, but I would like to see the other face of the medal please.

Congrats for your new treasure

Christophe

Edited by Deruelle

Lovely bar! But how are chances the long service cross is replaced? The bar would be textbook Bavarian pre-WW1 Hauptmann or Major if it were a cross for 24 years. The combination as is - extremely odd. I do not like it, while all awards and the bar look pretty fine.

The MVO is by Leser, isn't it? And marks are "980" and "J.L."?

Lovely bar! But how are chances the long service cross is replaced? The bar would be textbook Bavarian pre-WW1 Hauptmann or Major if it were a cross for 24 years. The combination as is - extremely odd. I do not like it, while all awards and the bar look pretty fine.

The MVO is by Leser, isn't it? And marks are "980" and "J.L."?

Absolutely correct, Jacob Leser hallmarked J.L., cross 980, ring 900.

I wonder, should I obtain then 24 year service cross? Hope I would be able to replace it if necessary.