News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Bulgarian collection

This year, we spent holidays in Bulgaria and - I found new collecting topic. :jumping:

We were also very pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the country, kindness of the people, great beaches and low prices (2 liters beer for 1 € :cheers:) - in short, we'll gladly come back again.

Here's a pic of my small humble collection. It's a mix of imperial and communist items, so I posted it also in Communist section. :whistle:

More bigger pictures in my album:

http://s1027.photobu...tary%20museums/

In addition, I really liked the fact that many even smaller museums in Bulgaria have military collections - you can see some of these in the album above. Sorry for bad pictures, I had only old digital photo and cell phone, and due to many family obligations, I had very little time to take pictures. (What is also prohibited in many museums); for these reasons I also took some videos - not good, but I hope informative enough.

There's also a very good marine museum in Varna - when we visited it, it was closed, but we could see the open air part of exhibition, which was worth to visit in its own.

http://s1027.photobu...0muzej%20Varna/

Any comments wellcome.

Regards, Valter

post-5728-063872600 1286887610_thumb.jpg

in bulgarian section, i just have bulgarian 10 years service and replica of bulgarian order 1891..lol:lol:

Hi I have a question. An ancestor of mine received the bulgarian Tapferkeitskreuz IV. Klasse and the bulgarian Militär Verdienst Kreuz during WWI. Do you have these in your collection and what do they look like?

regards

david

HI David,

I have military merit cross in my collection- it's the red enamelled cross with swords in case, top left part of the picture.

Unfortunately I don't have Tapferkeitskreutz yet, but it looks like this (4th grade/Klasse, 1st class):

or this (4th grade, 2nd class):