News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Publishing House Workers Trade Union Badge - 1921

This is a very early Soviet trade union badge. It is heavy -- 12.52 grams without the screwplate -- and appears to be solid silver. However, it is neither proofed nor maker marked except for that unusual mark under the green enamel on the lower right side. I can't tell what that is.

The odd-shaped hammer and sickle (no, it does not appear to be broken) is a thin layer of gold laid over another metal, perhaps silver, but it is not plate.

Chuck

And here's the front of the membership booklet that goes with the badge. For publishing house workers, they didn't exactly get fancy when they decided on their book. I thought that maybe all the writing had simply faded away. No, there wasn't any to begin with except for what they wrote on the cover with a pen. Comrade Matikiants seems to have been member #933.