News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 wants to be nice again

I have had two crosses ruined by jewellers attempting to fix damage like this. However there is an English guy called Jimmy on WAF who is fantastic at repairing all kinds of damage to military awards.... calls himself 'Doctor Love'! It would be worth sending him a PM to see how much it would cost. His WAF name is: wh014d4394

I have repaired medals with the mounting rings off before but it is a tricky business and unless you are very good with solder I would not recommend it. My wife's nephew is a jewelery designer and maker and one of the few real watch makers left and when I asked him for tips he surprised me with his answer. Since any medal in a collection will probbaly never be worn he suggested using epoxy (Super Glue is probably the same thing) and I have used this method with great results. Even though it is not solder you still must be very careful otherwise the repair will be seen but with a steady hand and only using a very small amount you will have a repair that will not show up. Black light will always show up a repair by the way.

The other method is, of course, take it to a professional.

Regards

Brian

look fore a jeweller who repairs clocks ,,,,

or a traditional jeweller

modern jewellers are amateurs no matter what kind off jewellery they sell and how high they're prices are

only the traditional jewellers or clock worker is able to repair these kind off damage

I have found a good one here in Holland to

regards kay