News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gentlemen,

I have recently updated my website with photos of a large collection of medal bars all with the DSWA, China or Colonial Service medals. Some of you have quite probably seen many of these bars before. The photos are at www.germancolonialuniforms.co.uk , scroll down to "Militaria Photographs" / "Uniform and Equipment Details" then see "Medal Bars"... or click on "Latest Updates".

I'd really appreciate any comments or additional information on them. I'm sure some of you can deduce far more about their original owners than my limited knowledge reveals to me. Also please point out any errors on my part.

Cheers

Chris

Hi,

from experience, I post links for each update to kaisers cross, and never get a comment, but when I post individual items from the articles it gets a comment... so I balance, sometimes just announcing an update, sometimes with the item... works best for me.

I suggest posting a few photos amongst the links...

Best

Chris

Hi Chris and Alex,

Thanks for the advice and comments, I see your vaild points.

Here's a bar on that page that I find most curious, it's from the Chris Handisides Collection. I'd be keen to hear what anyone thinks of it and who would have these awards and especially in this order...

Cheers

Chris

post-2838-056035600 1289160422_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris Dale

Chris, very nice website you have there...I put it among my military bookmarks in the browser. And yes, jaba is right. Just resize the font of your signature a little bit.

Everyone else, just check it out, I think Chris did a great job:

http://www.germancolonialuniforms.co.uk/

It's really cool.

Hi Heiko and Avadski,

Thanks for the kind words, very glad you liked the website. I'm aware it's still in need of correctioins, work and updates....

Cheers

Chris

I've taken your advice with the signature, Avadski!

Edited by Chris Dale

• 1 month later...

I've added a couple more interesting medal bars to that page- http://www.sacktrick.com/igu/germancolonialuniforms/militaria/medalbarscolonial.htm

I've also written a new page on the types of medals seen in the colonies and ob German overseas troops at- http://www.sacktrick.com/igu/germancolonialuniforms/militaria/medals.htm

Much of these updates have only been possible with the generous help of some of you Gentlemen at this forum. Thank you very much.

If anyone spots any mistakes or omissions on my website, or if anyone else has any medals and bars they'd like to see added please let me know.

All the best for a Happy New Year,

Cheers

Chris