News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Usually seen are bravery awards by other German states such as a Bavarian military merit cross with swords or Hassian bravery medal.

I have one picture of a Bavarian soldier - unfortunately without an EK2 - who wears a Bavarian military merit cross with swords, below a long service medal. That is highly unusual (and for sale :cheers: )

Edited by saschaw

Thanks for that Saschaw. That explains why I've never seen a campaign or long service award worn there. Does anyone know what other Prussian awards could be worn there? As some photographs look like they've got an EK2 but they're pre-1914... I'm thinking they could be something like the KVM or Crown Order on the same ribbon as an EK2? Is that possible?

Great sale going on, Saschaw!!! I wsh I had a bit more money lying around right now, you've got bargains up there.

Cheers

Chris

Only war medals.

Thanks, that would explain most of the awards I'd seen being First World War era. I guess that also applied to colonial wars? Here's a photo of Paul von Lettow Vorbeck in 1904 not long before he served in the Herero War. So his ribbon must be for an award during the Boxer War. Does that sound right? And what award could it be?

The photo is from Bundesarchiv / Wiki Commons- http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-2007-0621-500,_Paul_Emil_von_Lettow-Vorbeck.jpg

Cheers

Chris

post-2838-075304400 1289430715_thumb.jpg