News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Badge I.D. Help Needed

A very good friend just sent me an image of an Excellent Miner badge I have not seen before. Apparently, the "hanger" is missing. Was wondering if anyone is familiar with it- maybe has a complete example in their collection- and can tell me something about it that I can pass on to him.

post-7004-064958900 1289481420_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ulsterman,

There is little to no information in print on the requirements for the awarding of these medals. I suspect lots of production, and probably in a coal mine, but that is only a guess. I'll have to defer to cimbineus again for this answer.

Regards,

Gordon

Ulsterman,

There is little to no information in print on the requirements for the awarding of these medals. I suspect lots of production, and probably in a coal mine, but that is only a guess. I'll have to defer to cimbineus again for this answer.

Regards,

Gordon

The "KIVÁLÓ BÁNYÁSZ" badge originally was instituted in 1952 by the Council of Ministers (Government) with the Decision № 1029/1953 taken on 30 August 1952, and as such, it was one of the very first "KIVÁLÓ" badges.

In the picture you can see the 3rd and the last but one type of this award which was re-instituted in 1977 by the Council of Ministers with its Decision № 1006/1977 taken on 17 February 1977, and existed for a while even after 1989, but already without the red star.

cimbineus