News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Gordon

Thanks for quick help.I only wonder,there is a typical plastic like material in the frame ?

is this Period?

All the best Morten.

hi gordon

i wonder the same thing than Morten...was possible as www2 period this kind of black material(it seems plastic) the stiffener wire under the sweat band and do you think is only for private purchase cap that used this black material to build stiffener as one posted here?

thanks in advance :cheers:

If the material is softer pliable plastic it is a bad sign. It should be celluloid, not plastic, and after more than 60 years will usually be brittle and would snap if bent to sharply. It is quite common to find inside original caps that the celluloid band stiffener is cracked.

Hi!

Gordon

I think this plastic look thicker and stiff.I will take som new Pic soon.

All the best

Morten.

Hi!

Gordon

I think this plastic look thicker and stiff.I will take som new Pic soon.

All the best

Morten.

as eduardo(KM-SPAIN) stated to me the stiffener from this matrosen cap and my private km sailor cap(COBRA) discussed on the forum are the same type...black plastic celluloid material thicker and stiff too,this kind of material it seems to be accepted for stiffener in the KM sailor caps private purchase...and of course private purchase always will be in discussions as all of us know by the material,the construction,the maker,etc

fernando

Edited by SICHERHEITSDIENTS