News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Medical Badges with Red Crescent

Guest IMHF

These are Iraqi Medical Badges with Red Crescent and original bags of issue. I bought all four of them in a group from a dealer out of Baghdad, Iraq.

Manufactured by: Huguenin (Le Locle, Switzerland).

Lorenzo

Hi Paul,

They are lapel type badges for the Iraqi Red Crescent Society, quite similar to the American Red Cross pins worn by our volunteers. They are not military issue, they are for civilian volunteers. Quite nicely made for items in Iraq at that point in time. Scott.

"Iraqi Red Crescent"

The Red Crescent is one of the 3 symbols of the ICRC, International Committee of the Red Cross. The ICRC has been present in Iraq since the outbreak of the Iran-Iraq war in 1980. Protection activities focus in particular on people detained by the Iraqi government, the United States/multinational forces in Iraq and the Kurdistan regional authorities and on efforts to restore contact between separated family members with the support of the Iraqi Red Crescent Society. Assistance activities involve helping residents restore their livelihoods, supporting hospitals and physical rehabilitation centers, and repairing and upgrading water, sanitation, health and detention infrastructure.

Lorenzo

Here is my Red Crescent Badge. The outside edge on mine seems to have a more golden color. Maybe older?

Bob

Bob

Very nice looks like this badge was manufactured in Iraq same design as the water gilt glazed stamped and enameled badges Iraq manufactured. To save on costs Iraq started making their own badges with the same design as the original made in other countries.

Lorenzo