Order of the Auspicious Clouds

drclaw

Arrived from the same seller Japan. The seller must have a warehouse of these sitting somewhere. Everytime he sells one on YJA, another one gets posted the same day :D

Also discovered YJA as a potential source of very cheap ODM from other countries. In just the last week, I've seen a cased Order of the Yugoslav Crown and a cased Ethiopian Order of the Star go for a song.

Must stop spending money. Baby needs a pair of new shoes .....

Must stop spending money. Baby needs a pair of new shoes .....

Naaa.....baby needs a new Order of the Pillars of State......laugh.gif

NIce pair!!! Yeah, I wish I knew where this guy came up with all of his stuff!!!!

Hi Lambert, I am far, far, from an expert on these things being a new collector myself.

But understand that silver kanji on the case suggests WWII issue ... at least for the case.

For the Manchukuo awards, gold kanji would be pre-WWII as the Manchukuo awards ceased at the end of WWII.

If you ever have the opportunity, watch The Last Emperor on DVD or BluRay. Plenty of eye candy on display - 1st/2nd class Rising Suns, Auspicious Clouds, etc. It's also an excellent film!