News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Document translation help...

5666528518_8b182ca0c8_s.jpg

Hello all,

I recently aquired some documents and I'm trying to determine if they correspond with an award (Order of the Red Banner, 5th award) that I got at the same time but not as a set. Here is a picture of the document. Any help would be much appreciated. (I'm not sure I have downloaded this properly in order to be able to enlarge)

Thanks in advance for your input.

5666528518_8b182ca0c8_s.jpg

Hello all,

I recently aquired some documents and I'm trying to determine if they correspond with an award (Order of the Red Banner, 5th award) that I got at the same time but not as a set. Here is a picture of the document. Any help would be much appreciated. (I'm not sure I have downloaded this properly in order to be able to enlarge)

Thanks in advance for your input.

A bigger picture would be helpful! Looks like a document to a hero tile.

regards Andreas

I have added additional photos since the original did not open. Any help with translation would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of someone who could tell me what award this document corresponds to, please advise.

Thank you!

Here is a link to the photos:

Document

I have added additional photos since the original did not open. Any help with translation would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of someone who could tell me what award this document corresponds to, please advise.

Thank you!

Here is a link to the photos:

Document

The document belongs to a Hero Star of the SU.

No clue about the originality.

The document was given to Gavriil Ivanovich Ignashkin for his "heroic feat displayed during the fulfilment of the command's combat missions in the struggle against the German invaders" and signed on December 15, 1942. He was awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union title by Decree of November 5, 1942.

This is Ignashkin's page on Warheroes.ru:

http://www.warheroes.ru/hero/hero.asp?Hero_id=2870

He was a Lieutenant and ground attack squadron commander in the 431st Assault Aviation Regiment, 228th Assault Aviation Division, 8th Air Army, Stalingrad Front. In July and August 1942 Ignashkin led his 5-6 ground attack aircraft a 121 times to enemy tank concentrations near Kalach and Kotelnikovo, destroying 30 enemy tanks.