News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

two medals to ID

Hi guys,

Here is two medals what I got and I am strugling to ID them...

1. I think its from Hungary but no idea what for it was awarded and how the ribbon should look like. Material is very light.

18305893ed3b63_l.jpg

2. Can it be Swizerland? What it is and what for awarded?

1830589562ff18_l.jpg

Hi guys,

Here is two medals what I got and I am strugling to ID them...

1. I think its from Hungary but no idea what for it was awarded and how the ribbon should look like. Material is very light.

18305893ed3b63_l.jpg

2. Can it be Swizerland? What it is and what for awarded?

1830589562ff18_l.jpg

#1 appears to have the date 1940 and Admiral Miklos Horthy's name (regent until 1944).

#2 Reverse says "To the Youth --- In commemoration of the reunion of Geneva to Switzerland" Can't quite read the dates in the scroll, but it looks like "1814 - 1914"

Edited by Hugh

The Transylvania Medal (Hung. Erdélyi Emlékérem) is beautifully designed, but being made in dull aluminium spoils the impression a little. The ribbon should be plain blue, folded in the Austrian manner.

The Swiss medal commemorates the 100th anniversary of Geneva's return to Switzerland. In 1789 revolutionary France incorporated the city, which became Swiss again only after the downfall of Napoleon. As far as I know, the medal was either issued by the Municipality of Geneva or unofficial (but beautiful too.)

Nice findings anyway!

Thank you!

Hungarian one do not fit into my collection so I will let it go but I am very happy regarding the Switzerland medal... common but its my first from that country!thumbsup

Regards,

Timo