News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial German Non Combatant Officer’s Medal Bar

All HOH decorations produced for the Ex-Kaiser in Doorn were made by Godet. In 1930 there was a markable change in the style and quality of ALL classes. This I could show not only for the two examples above. The most possible reason is, that the former owners of the traditional Godet firm Godet & Sohn, Eugen and Jean Godet were forced to leave the company. They founded in 1930 the new company Gebr. Godet & Co. The business relation to the Kaiser was based on the personel contact to the Godet family. The new firm had the possibility to deliver decorations to Doorn, but they had no more tools, therefore they had to made new ones. That is IMHO the reason for the distinct difference in all classes of the HOH awarded after 1930.

About these questions I held a lecture a few weeks ago in Altenburg on the last meeting of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ordenskunde (15. Phaleristik-Symposium des Wissenschaftlichen Beirates der DGO). Much more will be published in one of the next magazins Orden und Ehrenzeichen of our society.

The type of HOH3 on the here discussed bar you will hardly find on a bar or group, wich is evidently awarded before 1930.

Regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

Posted · Hidden by Triadoro, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
    Hidden by Triadoro, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

All HOH decorations produced for the Ex-Kaiser in Doorn were made by Godet. In 1930 there was a markable change in the style and quality of ALL classes. This I could show not only for the two examples above. The most possible reason is, that the former owners of the traditional Godet firm Godet & Sohn, Eugen and Jean Godet were forced to leave the company. They founded in 1930 the new company Gebr. Godet & Co. The business relation to the Kaiser was based on the personel contact to the Godet family. The new firm had the possibility to deliver decorations to Doorn, but they had no more tools, therefore they had to made new ones. That is IMHO the reason for the distinct difference in all classes of the HOH awarded after 1930.

About these questions I held a lecture a few weeks ago in Altenburg on the last meeting of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ordenskunde (15. Phaleristik-Symposium des Wissenschaftlichen Beirates der DGO). Much more will be published in one of the next magazins Orden und Ehrenzeichen of our society.

The type of HOH3 on the here discussed bar you will hardly find on a bar or group, wich is evidently awarded before 1930.

Regards, Komtur.

This is, indeed, fantastic information in helping to better understand the variations in and elements of these pieces. Thanks for this valuable insight into this subject!