News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gentelmen,

I am surching dates to the former Major Firmenich !

Waht I know is, that he served on SMS Stosch about 1904 an later ca. 1914 als Captain in the Infanterie Regiment Nummer 18.

My questions are.

- which medals were awarded to him

- and in in which units did he serve ?

In advance thanks a lot for your Informations !

Cheers Andreas

• 1 year later...

Andreas,

this may help.

Regards

Glenn

Sorry Glenn for not responding to Your reply. I´ve complete forgotten

that I´ve asked for informations about Firmenich. With Your friendly

help I could in the meantime check him in the 1914 Rangliste. There

he already had KO 4, HP3b, SA3b and TM4. In the Ehrenrangliste

he is mentioned as Major a. D.

So now I´m sure that this is his ribbon bar.

Thanks Andreas

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Yoiu FORGOT such a ribbon bar!!!! :o:love: What else is lying around in dark corners at your house? :cheeky:

Seniority suffix as Leutnant was Q7q. Oberleutnant 18.08.08 "M1.", seniority as Hauptmann Y5y.

He had a SA3b which was replaed by that SA3aX 03.02.15 KP Hptm Stab Etappen Inspektion 2. Armee. He is not wearing his first decoration, a TM4. The SWA Medal was type in Steel. KO4 and HP3b in 1913/14 after Prussian and Hessian Ordenslisten came out.

From Stammliste der marine-Infanterie 1904 and Nachtrag 1906: joined I. See Bataillon 01.09.02. Aboard SMS "Stosch" 01.04.04 to 31.03.05, then back to I. SB.

I won't forget that ribbon bar. :whistle::cat:

Yoiu FORGOT such a ribbon bar!!!! :o:love: What else is lying around in dark corners at your house? :cheeky:

Seniority suffix as Leutnant was Q7q. Oberleutnant 18.08.08 "M1.", seniority as Hauptmann Y5y.

He had a SA3b which was replaed by that SA3aX 03.02.15 KP Hptm Stab Etappen Inspektion 2. Armee. He is not wearing his first decoration, a TM4. The SWA Medal was type in Steel. KO4 and HP3b in 1913/14 after Prussian and Hessian Ordenslisten came out.

From Stammliste der marine-Infanterie 1904 and Nachtrag 1906: joined I. See Bataillon 01.09.02. Aboard SMS "Stosch" 01.04.04 to 31.03.05, then back to I. SB.

I won't forget that ribbon bar. :whistle::cat:

Hello Rick,

I forgot that I´ve started this post.

Thanks for the attached informations :jumping: . The family told me, that he has served at

the SB, but they didn´t know the history about the silver goblet from SMS Stosch.

I appreciate Your´s large knowledge and I promise that I don´t use it any longer

as pencil holder.

Andreas

Guest Rick Research

Oh that should be used--often--for it's original purpose! :D

I have a large platter that then-Kommodore Dönitz (who? some obscure submarine guy?) gave to my later-Konteradmiral (V) when he left that post before the war in 1939. Always have holiday cookies on it. :cat:

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Superb set! :love: I wonder if the outfitter mistakenly put a wartime silver Liakat Medal's sabers bar on the TM4 ribbon on his M1915 ribbon bar?

:Cat-Scratch: Superb set! :love: I wonder if the outfitter mistakenly put a wartime silver Liakat Medal's sabers bar on the TM4 ribbon on his M1915 ribbon bar?

Thanks Rick,

I don´t think so. There is missing the TM 4 ribbon as well as the SA 3b; But why ???

Here is his " Knopflochdekoration " sorry I don´t know the english term.

• 3 weeks later...

:Cat-Scratch: Yoiu FORGOT such a ribbon bar!!!! :o:love: What else is lying around in dark corners at your house? :cheeky:

Hello Rick,

before I could post this oldstyle ribbonbar I had to dig it out ;)

Edited by dedehansen

Today I finally managed to get some parts out off my lockbox

at the bank and made some pictures especially from the back

His pre war medal bar with:

KO4

DSWA Denkmünze Stahl

Centenarmedaille

Phillipsorden RK 2

Albrechtsorden RK 2

Mecidiye Orden 4

Guest Rick Research

A group this nice always makes me wonder why the officer never remounted his medals again. Sooooooooooooo :love:

(You have a lockbox? Never trust banks. They buy and sell each other all the time. Sometimes to foreigners. I have guns, vicious guard animals, a moat, and neighbors who are cannibals....)