News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal for Liberation of Helsinki

Hi everybody,

Here is my new medal from Finland.

The medal for Liberation of Helsinki. This cross has been created for the 20th birthday of the liberation of the Town.

A nice unmark cross with passed color ribbon. The patina is very nice too. have a look.

Christophe

Hi Cristophe,

Nice Soumen medal what you have there! :cheers:

Liberation of Helsinki medal (Helsingin Valloituksen Musitomitali 1918-1938) was established 9th December 1937 by Helsingin Valkokaarti (White Guards of Helsinki - "Valko" means white and "kaarti" is guards).

Author of the medal was Hannes Malisto and medals were made by Kultakeskus Oy (still exist http://www.kultakeskus.fi/). They made 4000 medals and probably they were only supplier of the medal, so this figure is total.

Each medal came with the diploma what was numbered. Medals unfortunately are not. I don't know does the lists exist.

Hi,

Thanks Timo for the info, I appreciate.

It's an incredible day for me. My wife has bought the same medal for our wedding birthday. I've received it this morning. Of course it's the same, only the colour of the ribbon is different :whistle: . My wife is a pearl for me, she knew that I want this one and tah dah there it is ! :love:

Christophe

Edited by Deruelle

Thats great present Christophe! If you want to sell or trade the medal what you bought and keep the wife's present, please let me know :whistle: .

I like Finnish awards and design - to me they look simple and strong. Nothing royal in there - just reflexts the hard climate and duff history, what they have had.

Timo