News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all I could not resist this medal bar - even though the Colonial Medal is Jeweler's piece, Bulgarian medal and ribbon were probably added, and the Hungarian Medal was added. The bar has two original ribbons: Colonial Medal and the last ribbon a Red Eagle Order/ or General Honor Medal. The backing is period white wool - probably Naval enlisted. Any comments would be helpful. Cheers Captain Albert

Well it showed up and yes I found the little green stripes within a fold on the Hungarian medal. The bar is original (1930's). The Colonial medal is very nice Jeweler's piece even 3 MM thick (like the originals). I cleaned it up and did a few repairs. The backing material is not white. It is a very odd sort of Tan wool. Maybe Schutztruppe? Any comments would be helpful. Cheers Captain Albert

He probably was neither in Hungarian nor Bulgarian armies. Not every German soldier won an EK2 (actually: 1 of 2,8) or other bravery awards! The absence of the Front fighter's cross lets me assume the bar is early 30s!