News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Quittierung ohne Beibehalt des Militär-Charackters

Hi

I have 2 officers in my CHWO research who retired without "Beibehalt des Militär-Charackters". Why would this happen? Of at least one of them I know he asked to be quittiert without his Militair-Charackter ad he was a Generalmajor.

It really puzzles me, as I thaught officers who retired would be proud of their accomplishements...

hope someone can explain this to me

regards

David

Hi David,

a normal question, but a difficult answer for me as a German in English.

I think, that the Generalmajor was young?

You lost the "Militär-Charakter" with leaving the Army (before the end of the normal service time[?]) and changing into a civilian employment contract.

The reason could be a better payment and a better pension cheme. Because you lost your title for the military pension.

The reason could be, in that time, that your later wife and their parents don't want to have a soldier in the family. But that was more for younger soldiers.

To my knowledge you lost also the "Militär-Charakter" after severe military punishments.

This is that what I found, but it could exist a much better explanation.

Therefore, no guarantee.

Uwe

Edited by speedytop

Hello Uwe

thanks for your reply at least I have some idea now about what to think of this. To me as a Dutchman your english sounds good, I only wish oneday I will be able to write like that in German

regards

David