News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

I have this letter with an iron cross shaped cross and with the the ribbon of the iron cross until 1918.

Can anybody help me to identify the letter and what was the purpose attaching the cross to the letter.

Grateful for any kind of help.

Hallo maxblue,

welcome to GMIC, :cheers:

A very interesting picture, however, we will need to see close-ups of the cross, wax seals, and the writing, if you cannot,

attach due to picture restrictions of a new member, then PM me for my email address, and I will add them for you.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

In my opinion its from a "Pattern Book" where examples objects of military clothing and Insignia are recorded

in this case an insignia for a Prussian Military Shako (sp?)

when a contract has been awarded for a specific item to be produced by a manufacturer, the manufacturer

must contractually meet the precise specifications laid out in the contract with regards design and shape.

Hopefully other members can add more with regards the translation, I think there are more details on the back

of the page with regards the item.

Kevin in Deva. :beer: