News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Classification of Colden Kites in 3rd and 2nd class

JapanX

• Replies 92
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

486 469

Incredibly low number!

Especially if we remember that according to Peterson “… 1 067 492 awards in all grades were made…” (3rd edition, p. 19)

This means that 581 023 were issued after January 12, 1945.

For real?!

Now allow me to remind you that in 1945 japan mint manufactured only 28 kites and in previous six years (from 1938 to 1944) only (approximately) 336 000.

Another number 235 670 - this is total number of Meiji and Taisho Kites.

Let`s substruct from January 12, 1945 number total number of Meiji and Taisho Kites.

486 469 - 235 670 = 250 799

Now let`s substract this number from (approximate) total number of kites manufactured between 1938 and 1945

336 028 - 250 799 = 85 229

Looks like our carry-over storage on January 12, 1945 was just 85 229 Kites ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Now we have two time coordinates for type 3.

Type 3.1 - April 1940

Type 3.2 - January 1945

To say nothing about number of Golden Kites that were issued between these two dates ;)

Doc from April 1940 has number 264 416

Doc from January 1945 has number 486 469

222053 Kites were issued during this time period.

:cheers:

Almost forgot!

Remember this legend about late war kites?

Late war kite = sandblasted reverse.

Well, say goodbye to this one ;)

Reverse of the Kite from 1945

Edited by JapanX

• 5 months later...

Nick, today I read on a Russian forum (http://sammler.ru/index.php?showtopic=137092&st=40) that your gorgeous 3rd class kites (posts #58-59) are "from a collection of a well-known collector from Ukraine" ("...из собрания известного коллекционера с Украины").
    I was under the impression that you are a Muscovite :lol:

Damn!
    Here I am.
    Dressed reaaaaaly sharp, in the best of spirits, as pretty as picture (from recent issue of Journal on Alcoholism and Related Addictions).
    All about spending my Christmas in dankly Moscow town!

And all of the sudden I am in Ukraine! a9d571316b9c443fddd27de5f61dce74.gif

Well, at least I am "well-known" :lol:

P.S. Don't worry, last time I checked they enthusiastically weight fake ribbon for Taiwan medal. I bet they are weighting something right this second :lol:

Edited by JapanX

I am no more Ukrainian?!

Can you believe it?

"Somebody" (more like "nobody" :whistle:) changed

"from a collection of a well-known collector from Ukraine" ("...из собрания известного коллекционера с Украины")

to

"...and also excellent specimens of 3rd class golden Kite" ("...а также отличные экземпляры 3-их степеней Золотого Сокола")

Damn! Now there is no "well-known collector" is sight a275a53363d0ff61431fd83140388e73.gif

:lol:

Self-propelled clowns ...

Edited by JapanX

Nick, today I read on a Russian forum (http://sammler.ru/index.php?showtopic=137092&st=40) that your gorgeous 3rd class kites (posts #58-59) are "from a collection of a well-known collector from Ukraine" ("...из собрания известного коллекционера с Украины").

I was under the impression that you are a Muscovite :lol:

It was incorrect (error) information. Photos Golden kites Nicholas Japan X and photos Golden kites Collector of Ukraine are very similar because the same black background. This information is corrected.