News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

7-Place Medal Bar with (2) Matching Ribbon Bars

Hello to all,

I bought this seven-placer at the OVMS Show this weekend. When I first saw this bar, I almost kept on walking as it looked "too new to be real." I'm glad I took the time to give it a second glance as it is completely original, IMO. Other than just a few spots of rust on the Olympic Games Commemorative Medal, this bar is in mint condition. It also came with two matching Feldspangen. Hope you like it.

Best regards,

Tom

On ribbon bar #2, a ribbon for either the Spanish Red Military Merit Cross or the Order of the Crown of Italy was used to represent the ribbon for the Hamburg Hanseatic Cross. (Note the absence of the white edge stripes on the ribbon.) This was either a simple mistake made by the assembler, or possibly the assembler did not have the proper ribbon available at the time and just used a similar-looking substitute ribbon.

On ribbon bar #2, the gold eagle device was added to the bar sometime after its initial assembly. Probably at this point, the owner was back on active duty in the Wehrmacht, so his Prussian 15-Year LS for Unteroffizier would be swapped out for the Wehrmacht 12-Year Long Service Medal. The further enhancement of the 25-Year Faithful Service Device was also added after the bar's initial assembly.

Too bad that eagle device was added to long service ribbon :banger: , that's life. Christophe

Hello Christophe,

Thank you for responding. Do you see the eagle device as a problem with ribbon bar #2? I see it as a legitimate modification done by the recipient when he was recalled to active duty.

Thank you and best regards,

Tom