News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Not sure if this is in the right forum thread but I am seeking information on the availability of any reference books pertaining to Imperial German medals written in English as I dont read or speak German. I am more interested in a book which depicts various state, duchies or principality medals that NCO's and enlisted men would have been eligible for during the Great War rather than the elaborate orders and medals for officers only. Is any such reference book available? Thanks in advance

Phil

Hello Phil Steele,

As you have already found, a single book fitting your needs (in English) simply does not exist; but there is a really excellent alternative.

Check out the series “Aviation Awards of Imperial Germany in World War I and The Men Who Earned Them” by Neal O’Connor. Don’t let the title discourage you, Neal did an excellent job of explaining the background of the awards; and he covers virtually all states. Unfortunately these books are out of print, but they are around and well worth the search.

Good luck,

Wild Card