News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Info/Photos for Hptmn Hans Zeidler LGR 100 Requested

Wie gehts:

I am looking for information and hopefully a photo of Hptmn d R. Hans Zeidler who received his leutnants patent in 1894 with JR 103, became a captain in 1908 with LGR 100, and died in 1915 while serving with Res JR 243.

Thanks

Dave

Glenn:

Thanks for your reply. I have been having trouble sending pictures to this thread but here is a picture of the label in Zeidler's M1910 officer's LGR 100 waffenrock. Maybe it isn't the same guy, but there is only one Hptmn Zeidler of the LGR 100 in the 1914 Saxon rank lists or the LGR 100 regimental history. Hope you can make sense of it

Dave

1300515.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Glenn:

Thanks for your reply. I have been having trouble sending pictures to this thread but here is a picture of the label in Zeidler's M1910 officer's LGR 100 waffenrock. Maybe it isn't the same guy, but there is only one Hptmn Zeidler of the LGR 100 in the 1914 Saxon rank lists or the LGR 100 regimental history. Hope you can make sense of it

Dave

1300515.jpg

Dave,

I think it probably is just a tailor's error. Hans Zeidler was the only officer in the Saxon Army in the rank of Hauptmann in 1911 when that tunic was manufactured. An Oberleutnant d.R. was on the books of the Karabinier-Regiment and an Oberarzt d.R. in Landwehrbezirk II Leipzig.

Regards

Glenn

Thanks Glen. From what I have able to glean, he had received the Saxe-Ernsteine House Order (knights badge 1st class), by 1914. He received his EK2 at Bertoncourt on 8/30/14, recieved the Albert Order w/ swords on 10/31/14 and was transfered to RIR 243 about that time. He was wounded at Frezenberg on 5/11/15, recieved the EK1 on 5/16/15 and died in a hospital on 7/21/15, at the age of 43. Is there anything else to fill in the gaps? Here is the tunic.

Dave

1300520.jpg

Super tunic!

Here is a thought.... we mostly assume that officers were wealthy and had money to burn.

Is it possible that an officers tunic had two owners in its lifetime?

i.e. that an officer retiring or getting a little pudgy in 1912 could get something in exchange for his tunic from a tailor... who then refurbishes it for another officer... Wartime commisions or some of the younger reserve officers may not have been that wealthy... and an almost new tunic, even if the old label is in... may have been a cheaper way to go...

Best

Chris