News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The cap badges look like the shoulder strap devices of IR 95. That would fit with the other stuff, which connects to Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

The guy in the front has the Carl Eduard-Kriegskreuz next to the EK1, and the Kriegs-Erinnerungszeichen next to the wound badge. The Carl Eduard-Kriegskreuz was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha's EK1 "analog", while the Kriegs-Erinnerungszeichen was created in the 1920s by the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. I don't know much about it, but since the Duke had abdicated in 1918, it would be an unofficial award.

I can't make out the decoration on the older gentleman in back, maybe a veteran's association medal, but the medal bar appears to have several Saxe-Coburg-Gotha decorations. It looks like maybe a Saxe-Ernestine House Order Merit Medal, then an oval Duke Carl Eduard Medal, then some others.

wow! I mean. Wow!

That is a really early vets/ Stahlhelm/royalists photo- Bavarian i think.

The "L" I think looks like the Luisabund badge. Is there anyway you can blow up that codgers' medal bar? I think i see a British medal and the very rare Alfons shooting commemorative medal. Let me look in my notes. @ 1921? The guy with the Brunswick and Saxewazzit 1st class should be easy to id.

Man, I wish i had that cane!

Aw drat- Dave is right- having consulted my "big Book of Saxe Gotha" that chap in the front is definetly one of the proud owners of the 97 awarded Carl Eduard Kreigskreuzs and wearing the post war warcross for IR 95 members.

...and the flag has the Saxe Coburg borders....no jolly Bavarians there.