News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DATABASE 3 - IDENTIFICATION CREDENTIALS OF THE SICHERHEITSPOLIZEI

On seeing Gordons super Polizei group with Kripo connection, I thought I'd share a little info regarding Kripo ID credentials.

There were four different types of Kriminalpolizei headquarters throughout Nazi Germany and the size of these was determined by their area population and local requirements. The ratio was approximately one Kripo detective per 5,000 inhabitants.

Kriminalpolizei Leitstellen - KPLSt - Regional Headquarters

Kriminalpolizei Stellen - KPSt - Sub-Regional Headquarters

Kriminalpolizei Außendienststellen - KPAuDSt - Large branch office

Kriminalpolizei Außenposten - KPAuP - Small branch office

It is now known that each of these HQ's had there own associated dienstausweis.

KPLSt and KPSt both shared the same wording on the dienstausweis but in the case of the KPSt, the word "Leit" was crossed out. However, I have seen several examples were this was not practised.

The dienstausweis of the KPAuDSt and KPAuP both had different titles printed on them.

KPLSt - Regional HQ

There were approximately 150 - 250 detectives allocated to each of the 22 KPLSt.

Ginzel2.jpg

Edited by hucks216

KPSt - Sub Regional HQ

There were approximately 80 - 120 detectives allocated to each of the 44 KPSt.

Note the similarity with the KPLSt Dienstausweis. This example of a KPSt Dienstausweis clearly shows the word "Leit" crossed out.

It has now been established that some female members of the Kriminalpolizei were also issued Dienstausweis.

Here is an exceptionally rare 1944 Kripo Dienstausweis Type C, issued to a female member of the Kripo in Wien.

This is an area I know pretty much zero about about those are good references for any interested collectors so I will pin this and hopefully over time it can be built upon to provide even more useful information as & when possible.

Another very rare matched set of Dienstausweis and Fahrtberechtigungsausweis to a Kriminal Angestellte.

This example should have the word "Leit" crossed out to reflect that Karlsruhe was actually a KPSt.

According to Himmlers orders laid down in RdErl. d. RFSSuChdDtPol. im RMdI. v. 1.7.36, all employees not employed on police duties were to be issued with a Hausausweis. This pass allowed the employee the authority to gain access to secured buildings/areas where they were employed, but did not afford them any police powers.

The basic design of this Hausausweis remained almost unchanged from its inception until the end of the war, apart from a few minor changes to wording and font used.

The Hausausweis was made of white card and was validated in the same way as the SiPo Dienstausweis in that it was valid for 6 months from date of issue, being allowed a further 6 months extension. The pass was not valid after this extension and was renewed after 1 year.

On 12.10.36, Himmler further decreed that all employees of the Ordnungspolizei not employed in police duties were also to be issued with a Hausausweis. However, this had a completely different design to those issued by the SiPo.

The Orpo. Hausausweis was also white in colour but was bi-fold instead of single sided and was made from oilcloth or schreibleinen, similar to the Polizei Dienstausweis.

This very rare example is of the Orpo. Hausausweis style but as one can see, it is has been issued by the Kriminalpolizei in Prag.

I have only ever seen one other of this style of Hausausweis being used by the SiPo and that was to the same duty station. The reason for this is unknown to me at this time, but it is possibly due to availability.

• 1 year later...