News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a nice looking badge Robert, whats it made of?

Rhein railway badge, would have done it.

Funnily enough I have just seen, what I assumed to be, a yachting pennant badge with the same trident, no swas. unfortunatly.,

I am as green as the badge.

Regards,

Pete

Very nice Robert.

I've never been able to find out exactly what this badge was for, a member's badge of some sort? or maybe an honour or memorial badge maybe? or just something sold to the public?..........

However I can tell you a little about the importance of the Rhinebahn in the NSDAP history;

Otto Liederley, General Director of the Rheinbahn (who interestingly was the chairman of the NSDAP investigating committee brought in to investigate the previous General Director who had forced to resign) placed the company at the party's disposal and in October 1933, the Nazi salute was made obligatory for all Rheinbahn employees, who faced disciplinary action if they refused to comply. The canteen at the central depot was converted into a meeting room & was the point of departure for the First of May marches.

In 1937 the 'Working People's Exhibition' was held in Düsseldorf & the Rheinbahn operated a mini railway through the exhibition, and the carriages were pulled by an express train locomotive on a scale of 1:5. It was reported that more than 7 million people travelled to the exhibition in & 5 million took a trip on the mini railway.

Cheers

Don

Great Info Don. Thank You. Now back to work on the book. Speaking of books, I need to look again in Husken and try to find it. I skimmed thru without success so I will now go page by page by page.

Edited by BURGERHAUS

Great Info Don. Thank You. Now back to work on the book. Speaking of books, I need to look again in Husken and try to find it. I skimmed thru without success so I will now go page by page by page.

Sorry for my late reply Robert, been away for a couple of days. The badge is shown in both of the newer Hüsken catalogues. Depending which you have it is either (1997) N1 11a or (2010) H 45b.

• 5 years later...