News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A first for my collection is this soldbuch to a member of a number of Heeres-Flak-Artillerie-Abteilung, which if I have followed the lineage correctly started with 12 Panzer Division before being reassigned to 20 Panzer Division (Source: Fire Brigades by Kamen Nevenkin). I believe he spent at least some part of the last months of the war as a motorcycle messenger. It is the first soldbuch I have to someone awarded the Heeres-Flak Badge and an additional little bonus was a sheet of paper showing the points awarded to enable him to be eligible for the award and signed by his Batterie Chef (no idea who that is I'm afraid). Two points were awarded if an aircraft was shot down with the assistance of other batteries while 4 points were awarded if a single battery was the sole responsibilty for downing an aircraft. In Schilling's case he was awarded 2 points three times and 4 points a further three times. The points threshold for the qualification of the badge was 16.

On the reverse of the 'Flak Points' sheet is Schilling's Sturmtage.

He was awarded the KvK II KL + Schwertern, Ost Medal, Drivers Badge in Bronze & Silver, Heeres-Flak-Badge and the EK II.

According to Fire Brigades, Schilling's units were equipped with 20mm Flak and 20mm Flak Vierling until late in the war when the former 20mm Flak was upgraded to 37mm.

His personnel details and his units page showing the transition from the Flak units of 12 Pz.Division (10./Pz.Art.Rgt 2) to 20 Pz.Division (10./Pz.Art.Rgt 92).

Edited by hucks216

And finally the awards page showing the awards of KvK II Kl + Schwertern, Ost Medal, Drivers Badge in Bronze, Heeres-Flak Badge and the EK II.

Aslo shown is the 'Flak Points' & Sturmtage sides of the additional sheet.

• 8 months later...