News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Patriotic War

The Order was established on 20 May 1942 and came in first class and second class depending upon the merit of the deed. It was the first Soviet medal established during the war, and the first Soviet order divided by classes. Its statute precisely defined, which deeds are awarded with the order, e.g. shooting down three aircraft as a fighter pilot, or destroying two heavy or three medium or four light tanks, or capturing a warship, or repairing an aircraft under fire after landing on a hostile territory, and so on, were awarded with the first class. It was also given to some allied troops and commanders, including western allies. Altogether, over 324,903 of the 1st class and 951,652 of the 2nd class were issued during the war. Until 1985, the total number reached about 1,370,000.

I have a lot of these in my collection, but the ones I present are really rare. These are the 1st batch with fixing forks on the back and plain.

Scan1-2.jpg

Scan2-2.jpg

Those are AMAZING!! The early suspension types are very rare. I do have a rare version on hold, with an "8" stamped on one of the star rays. I cannot wait to get it here, and share it with you.

Those are AMAZING!! The early suspension types are very rare. I do have a rare version on hold, with an "8" stamped on one of the star rays. I cannot wait to get it here, and share it with you.

Can't wait to see it.

I need better pics. I only like 2nd from the left.

Most of them got expertised - they were all good 5 years ago, I don't think that something could change here. Check out the european market, they used to have a lot of good and rare stuff back in the days. It's very hard to get your hands on these things in Russia nowadays. Most of this stuff got exported and the internal market is very poor for good finds.

Most of these were converted to screwbacks. It's impossible to find one with no damage to the top ray. If you get me better pictures, I'll be able to give you an answer with 100% certanty.

Most of these were converted to screwbacks. It's impossible to find one with no damage to the top ray. If you get me better pictures, I'll be able to give you an answer with 100% certanty.

That's the best quality I can produce. Trouble is, you are looking in a wrong direction, that's why you don't find things like these.

That's the best quality I can produce. Trouble is, you are looking in a wrong direction, that's why you don't find things like these.

You are right. I only collect original awards.