News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Orders Displays

Have you tried researching any of the military Orders? :beer:

Rick,

Yes, for my Nevsky and my only screwback Red Banner I got nice results!

I'll try to post parts later.

For another Red Banner (a Type 3, the one on the top left corner of my Red Banners Display) I had a "dead-end"!

Dolf

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

Thank you :beer:

These are Indian River display cases. They have them made in different types of wood (oak, cherry and walnut), mine are all walnut.

Also have two of their black collector frames (their version on those cheap displays on cardboard usually calle Riker Mounts) for displaying some cheap pins or stuff like that, pics posted in other threads.

The backing material, inside the wood displays, is a white foam, and then I use another velvet-backed black foam (they have other colors) as a background color to cover the white one, just to make the displays look nicer and more attractive. I find it helps the usual Soviet red and gold (or even silver and brass) to become more visible :love:

If allowed by the Forum rules I can post the link to Indian River here.

Dolf

Hi Dolf,

I don't know diddley about Soviet awards, but these medals and the way you have them displayed are really great looking. I really like the Red Banner and Lenin awards.

Jim,

Thanks.

I also love the Red Banner, one of my favorites (but then again aren't they all?... ;) well, I have a few favorite ones, and that includes at least the Red Banner and the October Revolution).

I guess you mean the Lenin, right? Also among my favorite :P

Cheers,

Dolf

Jim,

Thanks.

I also love the Red Banner, one of my favorites (but then again aren't they all?... ;) well, I have a few favorite ones, and that includes at least the Red Banner and the October Revolution).

I guess you mean the Lenin, right? Also among my favorite :P

Cheers,

Dolf

Isn't that what I said...... :P

That's not the first time I've done that. :speechless:

P.S. The power of the edit is wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice Dolf! I love those Red banner like you! I have only 2, but I'm planning to buy my first screwback. :)

The second case is just awesome. I just wanted to share my opinions even if I have already seen those cases somewhere else. :rolleyes: