News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is my newest addition to my collection, a Luftwaffe Leutnant looking into the camera .

Its probably around 1940 and he has less than three years to live.

Hes name is Gustav Denk , born in 24th January 1915 and Joined 6/JG 52 as Ofw in 1939

become a Lt in 1940 and fought with JG 52 on the western front in Battle of Britain flying ME 109

In 1941 JG 52 moved East and Gustav of course followed the unit.

He got EK II , EK I , fighter flying clasp , and 2nd Nov 1942 Ehrenpokal.

one month later right before Christmas 23rd Dec 1942 he was awarded DKG

January 1943 saw him as ObLt in 5/JG 52 now an real Ace , just a month later he was hit by Soviet Anti Aircraft fire while flying low level attack against an airfield. He died when hes ME-109 G-2 No 14554 "Schwarze 13" blow up in the air. Gustav was 28 years old.

March 14th 1943 he was awarded RitterKreuz ... He was credited with 67 air victories and 500 combat missions.

Jagdgeswader 52 was the highest ranking unit of Luftwaffe with lots of Aces , they are credited for app 10000 victories. :speechless1: