News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello:

It seemingly reads: Plaue in the upper arm, Militaerverein in the center one and 1886 in the lower. Or Plaue Military association, 1886. This could well be the insignia of some military related association founded in 1886. The colors could be green/white for the Saxon colors. not a very elegant executed insignia with the crown added as an afterthought obscuring some letters in the Militaerverein and the Plaue instead of Plauen ( a town in Saxony).

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello:

It seemingly reads: Plaue in the upper arm, Militaerverein in the center one and 1886 in the lower. Or Plaue Military association, 1886. This could well be the insignia of some military related association founded in 1886. The colors could be green/white for the Saxon colors. not a very elegant executed insignia with the crown added as an afterthought obscuring some letters in the Militaerverein and the Plaue instead of Plauen ( a town in Saxony).

Bernhard H. Holst

I agree with your analysis. I struggled to read a "V" under the crown and couldn't "see" one; however, "Verein" is the only thing that makes sense.

I immediately thought Plauen also. However, through Google I found there is a Plaue an der Havel in Brandenburg.

The year 1886 held no particular significance in my mind; I subtracted 50 and 100 and still found nothing particular about 1836 or 1786 (other than the year of Frederick (II) the Great's death) - but I doubt there is any connection to Der Alte Fritz.)

Hi,

it is a members cross of a veterans organization (Militärverein) in Plaue, the organization had been founded in 1886. Common, as many other crosses and medals in Germany. As Bernhard wrote it before.

There are three Plaue, and this could be Plaue as part of the town Flöha in Saxony, based on the white/green ribbon.

Uwe

Hi,

it is a members cross of a veterans organization (Militärverein) in Plaue, the organization had been founded in 1886. Common, as many other crosses and medals in Germany. As Bernhard wrote it before.

There are three Plaue, and this could be Plaue as part of the town Flöha in Saxony, based on the white/green ribbon.

Uwe

Hi,

I agree - similar to this: Vereinsabzeichen

best regards,

Jens