News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Star of Brabant - Very rare but is it very real

Dear members

Here is the Honor Cross 2nd class, as I understand there are dangerous copies of this order. If anybody has the knowledge to comment on this one please do so. It has been in a private collection for about forty years. The quality is excellent and the blue enamel looks to be the correct shade to the orginal examples but still.... Thanks for any opinions in advance.

Sincerely

Yankee

Hi Chris

Rudi already knows my German writing skills has a lot to be desired. Unfortunately that small body of water called the Atlantic will make it difficult for a close examination. Since such a small amount were ever manufactured and even less awarded, safe to assume there was only one jeweler without the slightest variations since it was only awded for a few years? Any idea how many were manufactured in the 1st Class Honor Cross & 2nd Class Honor Cross? Thanks Rudi.

Sincerely

Yankee

What is really needed here, is for this piece to be compared to a known original with a known provenance. Either another private owner or a museum.

As for myself -like the post-revolution Anastasia story- I want to believe.

Funny you mention that quick fix in resolving this, one way or the other. Recently a respected member on this forum had given the Honor Cross a favorable review. He had the good fortune to examine the Brabant pieces that belonged to the Grand Duke in Darmstadt.