News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Machine gun Sharp Shooter Badge

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Don

Made back when we were very strict on authenticity for historical events, had backing plates but when they showed up the dealer did something to the rear so they couldn't be sold as original, two types this is one. I purchased two this is the only one I've left (m15 tunic) the other broke up on my m10 rolling around or snagged on wire Lol!

Best

Eric

ps I didn't know you had THAT many holy smoke, beautiful. :love:

Good to know that he marked them in some way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gents

A question of authenticity (fancy eh didn't even have to spell check!) has arisen over one of my badges previously shown, here are some better photos thank you Gentlemen.

Best Wishes

Eric :anmatcat:

IMHO it is a fake. The font of the maker mark is different from the generally accepted originals and the obverse is a different design.

IMHO it is a fake. The font of the maker mark is different from the generally accepted originals and the obverse is a different design.

Thanks Don :(

No honestly its best to know anyway it'll look good on my gig tunic :violent:

Cheers

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Hmmmm... got one buried somewhere-- came in a Zeltbahn pouched with the multi-part stakes (lonnnng gone) and with the Vizefeldwebel's name on the pouch. Aaargh. Will post badge when found-- as I remember, had a double thick layer of backing.

In this Internet Age (when catalogs no longer serve as reference records) what's your average any-old GO for, these days? I bought mine for probably $10 the whole kit, back in Nixon era....

Hmmmm... got one buried somewhere-- came in a Zeltbahn pouched with the multi-part stakes (lonnnng gone) and with the Vizefeldwebel's name on the pouch. Aaargh. Will post badge when found-- as I remember, had a double thick layer of backing.

In this Internet Age (when catalogs no longer serve as reference records) what's your average any-old GO for, these days? I bought mine for probably $10 the whole kit, back in Nixon era....

Rick

I'll give you $20 for it sight unseen 100% profit there ya go. :whistle:

Eric Generhoss

Thanks Don :)

Edited by Hoss

Guest Rick Research

:cheeky: But don't forget 45 years of "storage fees" :shame:

Three figures? :speechless1:

Who needs the lottery? Live forever and things 'appreciate!" :jumping: