News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbian unknown box ?

Hi I need a help, recently I bought this box but I got difficulty to recognize what order missing here. Probably is V or IV class maybe St Sava or Order of Takovo I don't know !!!! If anyone know anything let me know please ???

• 4 months later...

Greetings Iver,

I could be wrong but I think that it is for the Order of the Cross of Takovo as well. And considering that there is no inscription on the inner part of the lid and the look of the coat of arms my guess would be early Anton Fürst.

Regards,

Radmilo

Edited by paja

Its in pretty rough shape, but keep her, the Cross of Takovo is a beautiful award :D and if you happen upon one you'll definitely want to buy it :D

The Royal Arms on the lid look very Artus Bertand to me without checking the reference material :D

Edited by Rogi

Iver you are welcome :)

It really does resemble to Arhus Bertrand but there are couple of differences, also all of the Bertrand's boxes were, as far as I know, rectangular. Some of the boxes that Rothe used for White Eagle were very similar, but they were signed and their coat of arms is slightly different. I believe that the box is Fürst's because of the crown, that producer used coat of arms with a large crown (compared to the rest of the coat of arms) and also the cross on top of the crown is a different than for example Rothe's.

I found one nice picture of Bertrand's coat of arms on my HDD, here it is just for comparison.

Kind regards,

Radmilo

Edited by paja