News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Co B. 14th Engineers (combat) Philippine Scouts PH group

scottplen

Here a new one ! I have a special place for Bataan Related stuff

MIA Bataan April 9 1942 Declared dead May 8 1944 Presumed !

After war determined he died May 11 1942 as a POW at camp O donnell due to malaria

Rare Finding of death PH group to a Capt. in the Philippine scouts Philippine Div

Nice letter signed by Mac to a defender of Bataan

Edited by scottplen

I am so Honored to be the caretaker of this mans memory !! He did not Surrender on April 9 1942 as i originally Thought

He Fought as an infantry Platoon Leader with Co B 14th Engineers PS on Bataan . And was engaged in bitter fighting with the Japanese And perfomed very well with the Help of the M1 Garand Rifles the PS had ! and instead of surrendering he and 11 other Officiers of the 14th set out to escape Bataan through enemy lines and take a boat to Cavites But a few days into their hike to the coast

The Capt who had a broken leg could no longer keep up so he Turned himself into a single Japanese officier so he would not hold back the others !

It is all in the Book One out of eleven (1992) only the Author made it out the others fell on the trek! Ordered it on Amozon more info on the Capt in the Near future when book arrives !

• 2 weeks later...