News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

this morning I finally handed in the Reproduktionauftrag for some pages of the Wehrpass of Louis Müldner von Mülnheim, aude de camp to the prussian CP 1916-1918. When the copies come in, I will share the data on it regarding his promotions and ODM.

regards

David

From some of his ODM I already know:

he got the SCHLEkIV. He was in JB 7 for some time. Was being an officer in this bataillon enough to get a lippian decoration, or does it indicate something bigger/more?

In the 1914 rank list for JB 7, all of the Oberleutnants, but none of the Leutnants, have the Schaumburg-Lippe Honor Cross 4th Class. So it was probably customarily awarded to officers of the battalion after maybe 10 years' service. Was he in JB 7 around that time?

Edited by Dave Danner

• 1 month later...

I got the copies from his Wehrpass in the mail this afternoon and I cannot believe what I saw: he listed only his latest rank and date 17.01.17 Major und at his ODM the following: EK II und I,

I was kinda expecting to see his complete and full list of both ODM and ranks and units.

Guest Rick Research

Good thing I've transcribed the SLH rolls, huh? :whistle:

SLH4 15.10.07

KO4 29.05.11

BZ3aX 10.01.18

HOH3X gazetted Staats-Anzeiger 22.05.18 and in Militär-Wochenblatt 25.05.18 so probably actually awarded soon before that in may 1918

Thanks Rick, thats great! Just to bad the other bunch he had will remain a mystery....I am guessing the MWB and the Staatanzeiger only showed prussian awards and not prussians who were awarded with foreign german decorations?

Hi Rick

Would it be possible to find out (if there is anything to find out on his brother as well?) I will post his career here, but I have hardly anything on his ODM. I simply cannot believe he just ended up with what I have on him. The DOA 1908/9 entry although under his name, is his brothers Louis':

Georg Emil Theodor Müldner von Mülnheim (geboren Neuß a. Rh. 18.02.1873, gestorben Berlin 23.01.1940

kgl. preuss. Zentenarmedaille (27.03.1897), (figured this one out because he was in active service at the moment of award of this medal)

kgl. preuss. Ritter des Eisernes Kreuzes I. Klasse, because he received the HHO3X

kgl. preuss. Ritter des Eisernes Kreuzes II. Klasse, because he received the HHO3X

kgl. preuß. Ritter des hohenzollnerischen Hausordens mit dem Schwertern (18.12.1917),

His career (for which I am largely in debt to the researchers here, Glenn, Andy)

Nach abgelegten Abiturienten-Examen als Grenadier 18.9.1893 Diensteintritt als Avantegeur im Kaiser-Alexander-Grenadier-Garde Regiment Nr. 1 (Garnison: Berlin),

21.11.1893 Gefreiter,

27.01.1894 Unteroffizier,

21.04.1894 Portepeefähnrich,

27.01.1895 Secondelieutenant,

22.03.1897 (Patent vom 27.01.1897) Leutnant 1. Kompagnie, 3. Bataillon des Infanterie-Regiment Hamburg (2. hanseatisches) Nr. 76,

10.07.-05.08.1899 zur Gewehrfabrik Spandau,

15.09.1904 Oberleutnant Infanterie-Regiment Hamburg (2. hanseatisches) Nr. 76 (Garnison: Hamburg),

1905-1908 zur Kriegs-Akademie kommandirt,

nach Beendigung des Commandos zur Kriegs-Akademie bis 30.9.1908 zur Dienstleistung beim 1. Garde-Dragoner-Regiment Königin Viktoria von Grossbritannien und Irland commandirt,

01.04.1909 auf 1 Jahr zur Dienstleistung beim Grossen General-Stabe commandirt,

01.04.1910 auf ein ferneres Jahr zur Dienstleistung beim Grossen General-Stabe commandirt,

20.03.1911V unter Enthebung von dem Commando zur Dienstleistung beim Grossen-General-Stab und unter Beförderung zum Hauptmann als Compagniechef, 2. Kompagnie Niederrheinisches Füsilier-Regiment Nr. 39 (Ganison: Düsseldorf),

01.05.1915 Führer des III. Bataillons des Füsilier-Regiments 39,

Januar 1916 Führer des I. Bataillons Reserve-Infanterie-Regiments 220,

22.03.1917-Ende 12.1917 Major und Bataillonschef des II. Bataillons Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 220,

04.1918 zur IV. Compagnie der Ausbildungskursus für Fahnenjunker auf der Truppen-Übungsplatz Döberitz kommandirt

15.05.1918 dem Kriegsministerium überwiesen,

17.05.1918 Militärkommission Kiew,

09.11.1918 Bevollmächtigter des Kriegsministeriums für die Ukraine, Gesandter zu Kiew,

01.03.1919 demobilisiert, 24.07.1919 Versorgungsabteilung des Kriegsministerium,

09.04.1920 Abschied mit Pension und mit der Range als Oberstleutnant.

So basically I would love to know more on this guys ODM. his archive was destroyed in WWII. So that cannot tell me much more.

regards David