News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gray Birds: Luftschutzpolizei, Bahnschutz & DLV

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

By pure coincidence turned up these three "on gray" eagles one by one here on The Island last spring (2012 :whistle: ) and now that I'm back Among The Online again, thought a "theme thread" might be OK.

I'd been looking for a LSP one for decades, literally. Can't imagine why these are so hard to find in the U.S. Used to have a Bahnschutz overcoat as a kid. Always struck me as odd that FLYING Corps would have used the "plucked chicken" less-than-awesome version. The Luftwaffe took care of THAT image problem!

Guest Rick Research

Bird is pale gray on Luftwaffe bluegray. I've never seen a SchuPo green eagle on Luftwaffe uniform backing--though they wore SchuPo tabs, boards, and overseas cap insignia after the 1942 uniform change. I've never seen a LSP visor cap. The helmets I've seen in wear were standard Luftschutz "gladiators," so they got odd supplies issued.

Is your LIME GREEN eagle actually on LUFTAFFE gray? If so, what's mine?

As Señor Boonzaier says, they all look the same in B&W!

Edited by Rick Research

I have seen several greens on LW Blue... but never that white on LW Blue. Maybe an admin branch of the service?

Here is the green one... I know that it is in really bad shape, but it was there.