News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Opinions needed on EK1

Hello everyone, I am in need of some opinions on this EK1 as it just isn't my area of expertise... This came to me as you see it in the case. The pin when placed right side up appears to have the number 6 in it but if I am looking at it the wrong way then it would be a 9. It is quite nice and I intend to offer it for sale but would first like to have all pertinent information. So, my questions are is the maker Zimmerman? Is it correct, and what is a fair price for quick sale. Thanks for any and all answers. Scott.

100_4776_zpsb2fd675e.jpg

100_4777_zps780dc49c.jpg

100_4778_zps6fdf36e0.jpg

On initial viewing the cross looks good and appears to be in a minty condition, unfortunately the photos could be better. As for price these can vary, possibly starting at 300USD, but await further expertise

Thanks for your opinion Alex.. I will see if I can get a couple of better pictures soon. In the meantime, here is a pic of how I received it as well as some other items. I used to do displays back in the early 90s for the 70th Division Assn when I was in the unit myself. I had a partner who helped me and all donations were split between us. So, I still have the two EKs and he got the panzer 25 badge and collar tabs. I really just wnated to see if I had researched the maker correctly and then what would be a fair price. Perhaps the small document from the vet makes a difference, or maybe I should sell the two crosses together with the document? Thanks again, Scott.

100_4459_zps7e430f4c.jpg

Hope these pictures are a bit better for confirmation of this being a Fritz Zimmermann made cross. Again if anyone has any thoughts please let me kow before I move this to the selling section as I do not want to mis-represent it in any way. Thanks, Scott.

100_4780_zpsffb78db3.jpg

That is a nice little grouping, I will be keeping an eye on the sales section!

Yes, you are quite correct, it is a textbook Zimmermann cross in nice condition with plenty of frosting remaining.

Unfortunately the core shows some signs of rust under the paint, but not too serious.

Can you show some clearer images of the inside of the case? as that black insert looks like it could be a replacement.

BTW, the ribbon on the EK2 is incorrect, this is the ribbon from a KVK2.

Regards - Danny

Edited by Danny70

Certainly looks like an authentic Fritz Zimmermann, see here http://www.ek1-dna.de/-6.--fritz-zimmermann,-stuttgart-.php

The case I'm not so sure about. It has the appearance of a genuine case but also shows (To me) signs of a post-war case, black flock to the interior, these were usually white and the rim around the press button, not normally found on pre-45 cases, but then again, see if others come up with something else. BTW the EKII in the photo has the wrong ribbon, that is for a KVK II Class (War Merit Cross)

Thanks to everyone for looking and for identifying the maker positively. I have moved it to the for sale section. Yes Alex I also asked on the WAF but it is not offered for sale there as I am not a paying member and this is actually the first item I ever posted there on recommendation of a friend. Can't explain the ribbon on the other cross, thats the way I got it from the vet... Thanks again for all who helped me, Scott.

Edited by 2xvetran

No probs, many do seek advice from other sites. The EKII has a KVK ribbon and not a EKII ribbon that in itself is not a problem, you could always source an on original EKII ribbon if you wanted to

Edited by Alex K

All of these and more have been moved to the classifieds. Some items listed come with paperwork from the veterans others are as is. Thanks to everyone for the help I really do appreciate it. I will be leaving these through Saturday and then they will go with me to a local militaria show. Scott