News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

I know nothing about 1870 EKs or "50" button awards, so can't offer anything there. The battle bars combination was almost entirely for Bavarians--except parts of XI. Army Corps, 11th Field Art Brig HQ, Fusilier Rgts 37 & 80, Inf Rgts 59, 82 (part), 87, 88 (part), Jäger Btn 11, Hussar Rgt 14, Pio Bn 5, and Train Btn 11.

Two insurmountable impediments to ever identifying a recipient here:

It is entirely "pure Prussian" with no way to tell one from another, and

With hook back bars, you never know what may have been swapped off and exchanged over the last 130 years.

I'd have expected a Prussian General Decoration Medal (AEz) in second place on a hook back bar.

What's the BACK look like?

Guest Rick Research

Yup. NEVER (ever!) discount the implausibly REAL possibility that what IS on a hook back could indeed be absolutely correct! Monkey fingers do not always win!

That is the sort of bar that a forestry official or somebody not often in fancy dress might indeed have made due with.

It just needs a combination we can triangulate on to identify, which is absent in any single-state awards bar.

The jump ring EK is interesting. Anybody with one like that, which can be tied in to an XI. AK area maker?

There was a style with a "nub" atop the frame to which the normal little ring was soldered that George always referred to as the "Brunswick pattern," because that type seemed centered on groups from there. Just wondering if the unusual jump ring on yours may also be confirmation of a specific regional maker/replacement maker.

Rick,

Thank you for at least looking at it. I will try to get a back pic of this bar and post it. I agree that after 130 years with hook medal bars that things can get replaced or changed, but it looked good to me at the show.

Paul R, thanks for comment, I still think this a great bar.

Dean