News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Danish Medal (lady's version?)

Greetings All.

I just got this Danish medal. I do not know what it is for. Also, don't know if this is a lady's version.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Linas

Linas

Going from the ribbon it is the Badge of Honour of the Reserve Officers Association of Denmark instituted on 27 April 1950. Only two or three per year are awarded to whoever the association feel are in need of honour (go figure). I'm quite in need of an honour but I haven't been given one yet, no idea why, but you never know the postman hasn't been yet today.

Crown Prince Frederik and Magrethe II of Denmark already have theirs.

Spaz

I would rather have any of my knowladgeble Danish collegues take this as I have really no idea of what this is. But it's NOT the badge of honor of the Danish reserve officers. As can be seen on page 706-709 in the big book on Danish awards. The cross you have Linas looks like something handed out by a society or at least privte organisation.

I'm sure Great Dane will set us all straight when he sees this.

/Kim

Since I've been called to action, I better contribute with what I know :D

No, this is NOT an official medal, but whether it's an award associated with something masonic or a veterans association or something third, I can't tell for sure.

My best guess is, that it is an award for a veterans association for a specific Danish town.

/Michael