News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 Doc Signed by Lutzow?

Hucks,

What do you think of this one, I have searched you database but have not found a comparison.

What I have found online does not compare well?

Unit wise it all matches up.

Cheers

Jock:)

Edited by Jock Auld

Guest Rick Research

The signature is "Röhricht" which doesn't match anything I see for the recipient's regiment or the stamp so small and blurry I can't read it. Inf Div what? 12? The 376 Inf Rgt was then in 225. Inf Div. Which was not then commanded by Gen. Röhricht.

Edited by Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

I'm not a 3rd Reich documents guy, just saw this "new" in passing. I learned to write/read German the Old Way and that's what it says to my eye. My Orders of Battle never have 376 Inf Rgt leaving 225 Inf Div from its creation.

Edgar Röhricht (1892-1967) from my 1958 Keilig (I am old) had a gap that summer between chief of General Staff I. Army--left 18.06.42, and took over 19. Inf Div 03.10.42.

Edited by Rick Research

I am just a dabbeler myself. I use lexicon and I know some info on there is faulty. for the Regt history on there it has 2nd and 3rd Bns going by plane into Demjansk transfered or OPCon 12 Div? My German should be a lot better by now!

Seems very elaborate for a fake but nothing would surprise me!

The old German is hard enough but signatures are even harder IMO.

I know Hucks dabbles a lot in this area and was hoping he could cast an eye over it.

Thanks again.

Jock:)

Hi,

I don't have a problem with this document.

Röhricht is here not the Divisionskommandeur, he is in the function as Divisionsführer (temporary).

IR 376 was temporary belonging to the 12. InfDiv, "Das Regiment wurde der 12. Infanterie-Division an der Südfront im Kessel von Demjansk unterstellt.":

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Infanterieregimenter/IR376.htm

Uwe

• 6 months later...