News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tasteless, Classless & Just Plain WRONG: Photos For Back Home

Guest Rick Research

This in from a remote outpost beyond the normal range of the Traveling Museum. :beer:

This would be bad enough if it was aan ENEMY gravesite, but one's own side! :angry:

Uh, thanks for clearing that up, Landwehr dood! :banger:

The detail is good enough to make out the 3. Garde Ulanen Rgt men's names, but not the tinier inscription on the base of the cross--presumably either religious sentiment or which of their comrades put it up.

"There underneath is a horsehead." Yeesh!

Edited by Rick Research

No disrespect here.

Ulanen are horsemen and it is in the spirit of the old Germans to have your faithful mount that shared the same fate buried along with you ( ... or its head on your grave).

Edited by Naxos

Guest Rick Research

The Landwehr dood's standing on it like a soccer ball! Bad Landwehr dood! Bad!!!!

(There is a horse buried around the corner from my house--I knew that old beast. The pit was enormous. The new clueless owners of that property are going to be in for a BIG surprise if they ever decide to put in a pool!)

(There is a horse buried around the corner from my house--I knew that old beast. The pit was enormous. The new clueless owners of that property are going to be in for a BIG surprise if they ever decide to put in a pool!)

Now that is funny

Guest Rick Research

But I won't be taking any photographs.

I may, however, suggest to them that it "must" be a dinosaur. :whistle: