News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

nomahan incident documents

mickey

hi all a recent arrival a group of documents to a soldier named shimura the group includes a china incident and manchurian incident award document plus a number of monetary awards for bravery during both incidents most interestingly for me a border incident medal award document and a detailed service history to the same soldier was included kindly translated by rich catalano private 1st class shimura arrived in darien in 1936 as part of a mg company and served in china until 1941 and was heavily involved in north manchuria he spent 1941 to 1944 in japan at army hq and then as an nco at the army pilot acadamy the border incident document has a healthy dose of nics patina but i figured these document are pretty hard to find and worth preserving, note the medal and document box are seperate purchases ,shame these get seperated from the documents

...any ideas, why/when there was any changes in the medal itself? E.g. fat vs. slim dove-version?

As for today - no hard evidence whatsoever.

But we know, that official chart of Manchu awards published in 1944 had "fatty" version

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/58635-chart-of-medals-and-badges-of-great-manchukuo-empire-from-1944/

After all there could be simply two different manufacturers ...

Cheers,

Nick