News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Questionable Combat Merit Medals with rectangular suspension

I don't like to start a new topic, but I was not able to find any place discussing Combat Merit medals where I could append my post.

I have two T1 CM's in my collection. I am pretty sure that the medals as such are good, but the suspensions, in both cases, are very questionable.

The two medals are a T1.3 sn.73228 and a T1.4 sn.440270.

Personally, I think that the 440k suspension is very likely a fake, but I have still a little hope that the other is good (possibly the screwplate is not).

Feel free to leave your comments, thank you.

I forgot to mention that some collectors objected that even if the suspension of CS 73k were original, it would be wrong for this medal since in that range of serials the metal should be brass, more on the yellow color than white.

I found something like this mentioned on mondvor.narod concerning Combat Service Medals, but the way I understand what's written there is not so black-and-white. I also have to say that the google translator is not perfect on that paragraph...

Среди медалей третьего варианта отмечены экземпляры, у которых подвесная колодка выполнена из желтого металла и имеет несколько большую толщину. Подобные медали с желтыми колодками встречаются в номерном интервале от 60 до 106 тыс. Аналогичные экземпляры также отмечены для медали "За отвагу" (см.).

Among medals third embodiment noted instances in which the hanging shoes made ​​of a yellow metal and has a somewhat greater thickness. These medals with yellow pads are in the dial between 60 and 106 thousand copies are also marked Similar to the medal "For Courage" (see).