News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi - Dan. This is an interesting badge and much earlier then might be thought. During the later Victorian

period , badges with only the Royal Arms were often worn by Staff Officers - and, officers not attached to

a Regiment.

With your badge, it is almost certainly from the Georgian period (pre-1830). I can actually say that it is between

1801 and 1816. This , of course, was the main part of the Napoleonic Wars.

I can say this because the Lion is not wearing a British crown - but rather the Electoral Bonnet for the Dukes of Hanover.

They became a Kingdom in 1816 and the Bonnet became a Crown. Queen Victoria - through the German

King George 1st. had inherited Hanover.

There is the strong possibility that this could be for King George 3rds. German Legion. Worth checking. Mervyn

Hi - Dan. This is an interesting badge and much earlier then might be thought. During the later Victorian

period , badges with only the Royal Arms were often worn by Staff Officers - and, officers not attached to

a Regiment.

With your badge, it is almost certainly from the Georgian period (pre-1830). I can actually say that it is between

1801 and 1816. This , of course, was the main part of the Napoleonic Wars.

I can say this because the Lion is not wearing a British crown - but rather the Electoral Bonnet for the Dukes of Hanover.

They became a Kingdom in 1816 and the Bonnet became a Crown. Queen Victoria - through the German

King George 1st. had inherited Hanover.

There is the strong possibility that this could be for King George 3rds. German Legion. Worth checking. Mervyn

Awesome!

Thank you so much, Mervyn.

I really appreciate it.

Dan