News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Researched Soviet Colonel

Guest Rick Research

You could crop off a lot of blank white page margins and gain quite a lot of space that way, trimmed to the text. That's what I do.

So, what have you GOT from his awards etc? Wanna see medals!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure from just his award records card showing him then as plain "Major" what exact insignia he would have worn--

normal "air force generic" without the flying personnel wings on his hat, gold colored shoulder boards? Or "technical" officer silver boards etc? Would he have worn the army motor transport winged steering wheel on his shoulder boards, or the air force winged propellor? Or?...

[attachmentid=28657]

And I agree, a RED BANNER downgraded to a MMM was quite a slap in his face and his commanders: wonder if it was a purely arbitrary "quota" situation where because the campaign against Japan was so short, The Top had decreed awards were to not get out of hand?

In any case, he was screwed-- and that is a story indeed!

His long service Red Star on 30 December 1956 is one of OVER 140,000 awarded on that day. I now have quite a few numbers documentable to that mass bestowal, in the 3,413,XXX to 3,554,XXX range.