News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Documents a gogo !

Vatjan

• Replies 141
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

I think when the year is written out with 4 digits, that is our/Soviet year, but if it's written two digits that's Mongolian Republic years.

#s 62-66 for Khaltarkhuu Dulam is a "1955" type Book, but with RETROACTIVE entries for his 1939 award first "booked" in 1941. I think.

#s 67-72 to Avir(mi?)dshii Dagva is a "1950" type book issued in 1950, with his '40s on awards. Nice enamel ribbon bar, too. Looks like a RETIRED military person from lack of shoulder boards in the photo--if they followed Soviet practice.

#81 on for house proud Dashdavaa Zhamtsyn is back to "Republic" years.

Or not.

Maybe.

I don't see any CONSISTENCY to it, except within each Book.

Great Documents Ed.

Looking forward to the translation!

This one is a little off topic, but i thought it might be of some interest.

It's just a fun little Document awarded to a Mongolian.

Rick, I saw you just got a group with one of these, would it be unusual for it to have been awarded to a foreigner?

Thanks.

JC

Edited by fjcp

Thanks JC!! :cheers:

So it is one of the "honored" badges? Interesting. Maybe one of those in the lovely national anthem video? (No such luck.)

Anytime Ed.

Just to put a face to the name, here is President Natsagyin Bagabandi at the UN!!!

And the awards:

Medal of Combat, #6094, 22 July 1936 (=1956?)

Medal of Combat, #3561, 5 Jully 1956

40 Years MPR, #119, 7 September 1961

I am confused.

Ed, although the numbers are still akward, 36 would be 1946 and not 1956, since they started counting from 1911 as being year 1

Jan