News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bullion u boat cloth badge

Hi , this is my first post on this forum and hopefully it has a good outcome :-) I have this badge on its way to me but my knowledge on these is very little so any help on its authenticity is greatly appreciated rgds Dave

A very tough call i think.

I would not dismiss it out of hand, but I would be weary about buying it.... Some folks would say the detail is lacking and the boat is a funny shape, others would say , they are individual pieces and the quality may depend on the guy making it...

The other side of the Problem.... who knows which guy it was.. and when?

I think in a room of 20 people you would get 20 different or varying comments, unless a "major expert" was there... then everyone would jump to agree with him...

Hard call indeed... dunno...

A very tough call i think.

I would not dismiss it out of hand, but I would be weary about buying it.... Some folks would say the detail is lacking and the boat is a funny shape, others would say , they are individual pieces and the quality may depend on the guy making it...

The other side of the Problem.... who knows which guy it was.. and when?

I think in a room of 20 people you would get 20 different or varying comments, unless a "major expert" was there... then everyone would jump to agree with him...

Hard call indeed... dunno...

I couldn't agree more....

Personally, I like it.

Typical period embroidery, black paper backing and tarnishing to the bullion thread gives a natural appearance of aged wear...all good pointers.

I would certainly have taken a 'punt' if I had seen it for sale.