News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

7 Garde-Infanterie-Regiment in 1915

Dear All,

I would appreciate help locating the 7 Garde-Infanterie-Regiment on 4 Jan 1915.

I have a letter sent on this date and would like to describe the location of this unit (1 Bataillon).

By the way - do I understand it correctly that 7GIR was created in 1915 from 2 Garde Ersatz Regiment? According to some sources the unit was created later during the war.

Below is part of the letter, I guess this is Bois Brûlé (The Burned Forest). It however doesn't fit with information from Ruhmeshalle (page 79), saying that the unit was there from 6 October 1915 to 23 July 1916.

Regards,

Marcin

Edited by Marcin L

Hello Marcin!

The regiment was set-up august, 1., 1915. by renaming of the 2.Garde-Ers.Rgt.

Generally it was under command of the Garde-Ers.Brig. (Garde-Ers.Div.).

The fights of the Bois-Brulé were 6.10.15-23.7.16 by the Garde-Ers.Div. (Armee-Abt. Strantz)

The battles of the Garde-Ers.Div. in january 1915 were:

18.9.14-20.2.16: Fights between Maas and Mosel

(28.9.14-27.4.15: Fights at Flirey)

Edited by The Prussian