News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have recently acquired a medal rack with a Red Cross Medal. I've been able to find out ahead of delivery, part of the inscription that I like to know what it says:

Thür. ßaubesmännberein b R.Kr

Thanks....Ed

Edited by E Williams

Hello Ed.

It gained or lost in the telling:

Perhaps Thueringischer Sangesmaennerverein ..b.R.Kr. these last three abbreviations I have no clue .

Bernhard H. Holst

Thanks Bernhard...I believe and was supporedt by Chip that the abbreviations were for Rote Kreuz.

BTW, I have searched and searched and searched and I've not been able to find another example anywhere. I have found something similar but instead of the Red Cross being abbreviated. It is spelled out and I've only found two of those.

sweet! Dienstauszeichnung des Thueringer Landesvereins von Roten Kreuz, 1. Stufe. Number 232 of the DRK book, given for 10 years service in the Thuringian Landverein DRK (1922+) ....made by Conrad of Weimar.

What you think is a b is a v in old suterlien.

Edited by Ulsterman

sweet! Dienstauszeichnung des Thueringer Landesvereins von Roten Kreuz, 1. Stufe. Number 232 of the DRK book, given for 10 years service in the Thuringian Landverein DRK (1922+) ....made by Conrad of Weimar.

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

Going back to the rack, the EKII was for wartime service but the Saxe-Weimar, Silver Merit Cross was only issued up to 1901. correct? If so, this guy was all over the place, 1901, 1914-1918, 1925 and 1922. Am I wrong in my thoughts?

When you said 1922+, does that means the years or when it began to be awarded?

Holy Cow!! that's an awesome little 1871 veterans' bar. is it yours? :0

Going back to the first medal bar, the wording will be:"Thur. Landesmaennerverein v.(on) R.Kr." (roterKreuz) ....aNd below the cross "Fuer truer Mitarbeit" (one adds an e to a word in German where there's an umlaut and one does not have that phonic symbol upon ones iPhone) .

The medal was awarded in 1922-1935 (maybe longer in the Third Reich, but doubtful). I think it was authorized in 1921.

The other medal Rogi pointed out on pg. 2 is for a different State DRK association.

Edited by Ulsterman

Holy Cow!! that's an awesome little 1871 veterans' bar. is it yours? :0

Going back to the first medal bar, the wording will be:"Thur. Landesmaennerverein v.(on) R.Kr." (roterKreuz) ....aNd below the cross "Fuer truer Mitarbeit" (one adds an e to a word in German where there's an umlaut and one does not have that phonic symbol upon ones iPhone) .

The medal was awarded in 1922-1935 (maybe longer in the Third Reich, but doubtful). I think it was authorized in 1921.

The other medal Rogi pointed out on pg. 2 is for a different State DRK association.

Yes it's mine, I'll have it in a week's time. I got it to add to a Sanitats display. Did you read my posts with other questions?

"Going back to the rack, the EKII was for wartime service but the Saxe-Weimar, Silver Merit Cross was only issued up to 1901. correct? If so, this guy was all over the place, 1901, 1914-1918, 1925 and 1922. Am I wrong in my thoughts?

When you said 1922+, does that means the years or when it began to be awarded?"