News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Homage to the United States Navy & Marine Corp

Its taken me a while to put this collection together but got there in the end (today to be precise).

Top left set of 5 to Naval Reserve with 10 year reserve medal.

Below this set is medal ribbon bar for Vietnam service.

Navy Cross is on 12mm suspender. Not sure if it was ever issued or is even a replica but a nice medal.

All the other medals are original. Top row left t to right:

Navy & Marine Corp Medal, Commendation, Achievement, Marine Corp Good Conduct (numbered) and Expeditionary Medals.

Bottom row, left to right: Navy Good Conduct and Expeditionary, China Service, Occupation and Navy Rifle Marksmanship.

Badges are Marine Corp cap badge top and Senior Chief Petty Officer Cap & Collar.

I have posted the Marine Corp Good Conduct before, dates from around 1918.

It has been enjoyale puttng this set together and searching for the medals and badges on the net and at medal and militaria shows.

Edited by muckaroon1960

• 2 months later...

As usual I can't sit still and leave things as they are so made some changes to the display and hopefully (he says) that's it.

Added a MoH ribbon, Distinguished Service Medal, Pilots Wings and changed the Expert Rifleman for the Distnguished Public Service Medal.

Thanks Paul, I have them mounted on the wall in my spare bedroom/Office/Museum along with my other USA medal collections.

The flag is an ex USAF staff car flag, the model B17 The Memphis Belle and the Aluminum dish is from the US Navy Academy.

(Ignore the bayonet tip left hand, this is from my Lee Enfield).

• 3 weeks later...